- 1 Wide Loaf French Bread, sliced in half
- 6 oz Swiss Cheese, sliced
- 8 oz Ham, thinly sliced
- 3 whole
- Pickles, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons
- Yellow Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Butter, softened as needed
- Extra softened Butter for frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and ¼ cup butter. Spread half of this mixture on the bottom half of the loaf of bread. Layer on top ham, pickles and cheese slices.
- Spread the other half of the mustard mixture on the other side of the loaf of bread and top the sandwich. Spread a thin layer of butter on each side of the loaf and place on a preheated cast iron grill pan or skillet. Top with something heavy, such as another cast iron skillet and grill until cheese is melted and both sides of the sandwich are golden. Pack or serve!