With cooler weather comes everything pumpkin spice! We have the definitive guide (and some recipes) on how to use pumpkin spice this season. From cereal, to candles, to your morning coffee, you’re bound to see pumpkin spice all around. If you’re a pumpkin spice lover, then this is for you! With these DIY pumpkin spice recipes, you can incorporate it into everything your heart desires.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Mix the above ingredients together and store in an air-tight container!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup hot espresso or strong coffee
- whipped cream for serving
Combine the milk, pumpkin and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until hot but do not boil. Add the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and whisk vigorously until frothy.
Pour the espresso or coffee into a mug, add the milk mixture and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.