Sometimes self-care means eating a little chocolate. These tahini and honey ice cream sandwiches are made with dairy-free milk and no added sugar. The tahini cookie adds an unexpected twist and is a perfect match with the dark chocolate and cacao nibs. These are fun to make! Let your family and friends help with the dipping. Relieve stress and make delicious treats for yourself and others if you are willing to share!
Tahini and Honey Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
Prep Time: 2 Hours
For the Ice Cream
1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk
¼ cup Almond Milk
2 tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon Tahini
1 teaspoon Vanilla
For the Cookie Base
¼ cup Honey or Maple Syrup
¼ cup Tahini
1-2 tablespoons Water
½ cup Almond Meal
¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Make the ice cream: in a large bowl beat together the coconut cream, almond milk, honey, tahini and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour into an 8×8” baking dish, cover and freeze for several hours until firm. Alternatively, this can be churned in an ice cream maker following manufacturer’s instructions.
- For the cookies: preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl stir together the honey, tahini and 1 tablespoon of water. Add almond meal.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda, add to the tahini mixture and combine to form a stiff dough (you made need to use your hands to mix), adding an extra tablespoon of water if necessary.
- Roll out on a silicone mat (or a floured surface) to about 1/8” thick. Cut into circles 2 ½-inches in diameter. Chill for 30 minutes before baking for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Assemble the ice cream sandwich: cut ice cream into rounds using the same cookie cutter you used for the cookies. Place round of ice cream between two cookies and press to seal together. Quickly continue the process with remaining cookies and ice cream and return sandwiches to the freezer.
- Make the chocolate dip: melt together chocolate and coconut oil. Dip half of each sandwich cookie in the chocolate mixture and garnish with toasted sesame seeds or cacao nibs. Place on parcment-lined sheet pan to set and store in the freezer until ready to serve.