This sheet pan nachos recipe is a touchdown with pickled onions as a bright pink garnish. We hope these nachos “guac” your world. Sorry – we couldn’t help ourselves from a good food pun.
SHEET PAN NACHOS RECIPE
Prep Time: 20-30 Minutes
4 cups diced chicken, taco meat (ground beef + seasoning packet), or pork
1 bag Tortilla Chips
1 can Refried Beans
12 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Use a block )
1 Avocado or 1 cup Guacamole
1 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
Pickled Onions, for Garnish
Limes, for garnish
Optional: Pickled Onions
1/2 Red Onion
1 Jalapeño, sliced, optional
1 cup White Vinegar
1 cup Water
1 small Lime, juiced
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. On a standard sized sheet pan or cookie sheet, line with foil and spread one layer of tortilla chips. Dollop 1/2 of the can of refried beans in tablespoonfuls over the chips. Sprinkle 1/2 of the meat and then follow with 6 ounces of the cheese. Add another layer of tortilla chips and repeat with the remaining half of the refried beans, meat and cheese. Place in the oven until cheese is melted and the nachos are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with slices of avocado (or dollops of guacamole), drizzle with sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro and pickled onions. Add limes to the side for garnish. Serve immediately.
- Mix together the vinegar, water, sugar lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add sliced onions and jalapeño (optional) to a medium sized sealable container. Pour vinegar mixture over the top to cover the top of the onion mixture. Cover with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to pickle (and turn pink!).
TIPS FOR NACHOS
- Choose thick chips. If you want a more colorful plate, choose blue corn tortilla chips.
- Buying pre-shredded cheese is easier, but for melty cheese, shred it straight from the block.
- Make sure everything diced is bite sized.
- Put under the broiler only until cheese is melted and edges of chips begin to brown.
- Want it spicy? Add jalapeño slices, chili flakes, or mix sriracha/hot sauce in your sour cream.