Can you even go wrong with a cheesy buffalo chicken dip recipe? Wings in dip form? We don’t think so! While this dip is great for watching the game at home, it can also be great for tailgating! We recommend baking the dip beforehand in a grill-safe dish and then popping it on the grill, covered with foil to warm it up at the game!
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Makes: 8 servings
Total Time: 35 minutes
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 3/4 cup buffalo sauce, or more, to taste
• ½ cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
• 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
• 2 tablespoons sour cream
• 1 avocado, halved and sliced
• Celery, crackers, cucumbers, etc. For dipping
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breast with salt
and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4
minutes per side. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cool, shred and set aside.
Combine shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, blue cheese (or ranch) dressing, cream cheese and 1
cup of cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Pour into the prepared baking dish and top with
remaining ½ cup cheese.
Place in the oven and bake until bubbly, about 15-18 minutes.
Serve immediately, drizzled with sour cream and garnished with avocado.